On Zoom Streaming from UNESCO Headquaters France -
24th November 2020
This UNESCO Master Class on tolerance tackled several of the global issues that hinder the development of a culture of peace, non-violence and tolerance. It gave an opportunity to showcase and discuss the numerous achievements of former laureates of the UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize for the Promotion of Tolerance and Non-Violence.
More information on the Prize is available here.
More information on UNESCO’s Master Classes is available here.
- Opening remarks by UNESCO
- Keynote speech by Ms France Marquet, Principal Trustee, Madanjeet Singh Foundation
- Introduction of the Master Class by Ms Gabriela Ramos, Assistant Director-General for Social and Human Sciences
- Testimonies by young advocates for tolerance
- Interactive discussions with former and current Laureates of the Prize:
- Prof. Francisco Estévez, Chairholder of UNESCO-Madanjeet Chair on promoting tolerance and non-violence in Chile and Latin America through education, 2014 Laureate
- Ms Etery Ordzhonikidze, Chief of International Relations, Tolerance Center, 2016 Laureate
- Ms Manon Barbeau, Founder of Wapikoni Mobile, 2018 Co-Laureate
- Mr Ben Mussanzi Wa Mussangu, President of 2020 Laureate Centre Résolution Conflits
- Moderator : Ms Vaiju Narvane, Professor of Journalism and Media Studies, Ashoka University, journalist and author
- Dialogue session to create commitments to be implemented in schools and communities
- Closing remarks