Since the 26 October 2010, Mme Irina Bokova, UNESCO Director-General announced that the 12 SAF Institutions of Excellence will be able to use UNESCO logo and named UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Institutions of Excellence.
Program Coordinator: Mr. Bhagat Suberi
Email: UMCSAFS@safmail.org ;Bsuberi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Memorandum of Understanding between the Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environment and the South Asia Foundation
17th March 2010
Renwal of Memorandum of Understanding between the Conservation and Environment (CSR) and the South Asia Foundation (SAF)
31st December 2021
Madanjeet Singh Scholarships for the Academic Year 2022 at the College of Natural Resources, Royal University of Bhutan
The UNESCO Madanjeet Center for South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS) at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) in Lobesa, Punakha, Bhutan, is pleased to announce three Madanjeet Singh scholarship for SAARC member countries (except Bhutan) for twoyears Masters Programme in Natural Resources Management to be undertaken from July 2022 to June 2024.
Applicants should fulfill the following criteria:
- Have completed a BSc programme awarded by a recognized University in the field of forestry, environment and life sciences.
- Have secured a minimum of 55% in each subject and overall aggregate of 60%
- Be a registered citizen of the SAARC member countries
- Be fluent in English (both written and speaking)
- Produce English Language Proficiency Certificate from recognized/competent institutions
- Be below 45 years of age
- Candidates applying for this scholarship should submit the application form and Research Proposal (mandatory) along with the required documents.
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees
- Economy air travel from the native country to Bhutan and back (initial and final)
- Monthly stipend of Nu. 12000.00 (Twelve thousand) only
- Book and printing allowance of Nu. 5000.00 (five thousand)only annually
- Initial establishment allowance of Nu. 16,000.00 (sixteen thousand) only
- One time research grant of Nu.50,000/- (fifty thousand) only shall be eligible from first year second semester only
- In-country travel of Nu. 500.00 per day shall be eligible while on organized study travel and 50% if it exceeds a month)
Application and Selection procedures
- Applications shall be submitted to South Asia Foundation (SAF) country offices of each country in the SAARC region. Applications shall not be accepted directly from the candidates
- The SAF office of each country shall select one candidate based on the eligibility criteria mentioned herein
- The name of the selected candidate from each SAARC country with the relevant documents should be submitted to the office of the Focal Person, College of Natural Resources , Royal University of Bhutan Lobesa, Punakha, Bhutan by April 24, 2022 midnight through SAF offices in respective country for further scrutiny and acceptance into scholarship program
- The final assessment of the selected candidate shall be done jointly by a team of committee from the College of Natural Resources. There will be a skype interview with the candidates for the final selection.
- Based on the final assessment, the candidates may or may not be accepted into the program if respective SAF office failed to follow the set eligibility criteria.
- The CNR reserves the right of acceptance or rejection of candidates nominated by SAARC countries into the programme.
- The letter of acceptance or rejection into the scholarship program will be sent to respective SAF office for further conveyance to the individual candidate latest by April 29, 2022 via e-mail or through telephone calls.
- All travel documents of the selected student should reach UMCSAFS office not later than 30th May, 2022 to process for travel and other necessary arrangements. If the candidate fails to submit the documents within the given time frame, it will result in the cancellation of the scholarship.
Documents required to be submitted
The candidate applying for UMCSAFS scholarship program should submit the following documents to the respective SAF offices and CNR:
- Bachelor's degree certificate from recognized university
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- A copy of Citizenship ID card
- Copy of valid passport
- Security clearance certificate or Police Clearance from respective countries
- Medical fitness certificate from competent government hospital of respective countries
- Birth Certificate
- Two copies of recent passport sized photos
- Contact: e-mail address and mobile phone number of the candidate
10. A copy of documents for the selected candidate shall be maintained at each SAF Country Office for record, assessment and acceptance into the programme.
11. All the accepted candidates should produce original documents at the time of admission at College of Natural Resources, Lobesa, Bhutan.
SAF Bhutan Chapter: www.bhutanoye.org; CNR: www.cnr.edu.bt
Thimpu, Bhutan -
7th December 2022
The Coordinator of Bhutan SAF Alumni Network, Mr. Sonam Tobgay welcomed the participants and expressed gratitude to Madam France for organizing the gathering of the 19 students. He also thanked the MSF and in particular late HE Ambassador Madanjeet Singh for giving the opportunities to undergo scholarship programs in the SARRC region. He also mentioned that
Thimpu, Bhutan -
6th December 2022
Mr. Manuel Tripura SAF-Bangladesh scholar pursuing for BSc in Forestry Science at UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Centre For South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS), College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) in Lobesa, Punakha, Bhutan during SAF Bhutan Alumni meet with Madam France Marquet, Principal Trustee, Madanjeet Singh Foundation and Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar, Chairman, South Asia Foundation-India.
Thimpu, Bhutan -
29th August 2022
Lobesa. Bhutan -
5th July 2022
Thimpu, Bhutan -
28th June 2022